Try this delicious, quick, and easy-to-make crab cake recipe. It does require 1 pound of crab meat. At about 2 pounds for an adult Dungeness crab, it will require about 4-5 crabs to procure 1 pound of crab meat. As removing the crab meat may be difficult and time consuming for you, you can buy lump crab meat for this recipe. This recipe makes a total of 6 crab cakes. Enjoy!
- 1 large egg
- 2½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup finely diced celery (one stalk of celery should be sufficient)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- ½ cup panko
- Canola oil
COOKING EQUIPMENT NEEDED:
Baking sheet, non-stick pan, mixing bowl
1. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Combine the egg, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire, Old Bay, salt, celery, and parsley in a large bowl and mix well. Add the crab meat (be sure to check the meat for any hard and sharp cartilage) and panko; gently fold mixture together until just combined, being careful not to shred the crab meat. Shape into 6 crab cakes (about ½ cup each) and place on prepared baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat a large nonstick pan to medium heat and coat with canola oil. When oil is hot, place crab cakes in pan and cook until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes per side. Be careful as oil may splatter. Serve immediately with tartar sauce or a squeeze of lemon.
If you need some ingredients, check out some the Amazon products below: